This course is designed for those personnel who are responsible for approving all aspects of the Certified Fiber Optic Installation. This is a 32-hour, 4-day course that includes the Core module.
All personnel that currently have the potential of Supervising or performing QA inspections of Navy shipboard fiber optic installations in any form (e.g., blowing fiber, pulling fiber, installing connectors, installing fiber optic interconnection boxes, testing fiber optic links, etc.) shall obtain Navy shipboard fiber optic training from a training organization included on the Certified Fiber Optic Training List (CFOTL). KITCO Fiber Optics is pleased to announce we were the first company to be approved to offer this training, and we are on the CFOTL. Each individual fiber optic Supervisor or QA inspector shall have an up-to-date certification for the work they are performing from a certified training organization on the CFOTL. Fiber Optic Supervisor or QA inspector personnel shall obtain Navy shipboard fiber optic training (CLASSROOM ONLY) in the following areas:
• 220.127.116.11 Core
• 18.104.22.168 Blown Optical Fiber (BOF)
• 22.214.171.124 Cable Handling, Penetration, and Repair/Modification
• 126.96.36.199 FOICB/TRB Forming, Routing, Shaping
• 188.8.131.52 Fiber Optic Termination – Single Terminus (Light Duty)
• 184.108.40.206 Fiber Optic Termination – Multi-Terminus (Heavy Duty)
• 220.127.116.11 Fiber Optic Termination – Fusion Splicing
• 18.104.22.168 Optical Testing
Each individual fiber optic Supervisor or QA inspector shall present their training certification card, upon request, while performing Navy shipboard fiber optic work. The certification shall remain valid for 3 years before requiring recertification.