Virginia Beach, VA Technical Trainer
Are you a serious, direct and analytical person comfortable taking the lead? Would people describe you as analytical and highly reliable? Are you known for your ability to execute within your area of expertise? If this sounds like you, we have a great role for you.
As a Technical Trainer/Teacher/Instructor:
You will be teaching technicians on a wide variety of fiber op1c courses. The primary role will be that of our lead aviation instructor. You will be expected to certify and teach all our NAVSEA courses as well as our commercial course.
Ideal Candidate for the Technical Trainer/Teacher/Instructor:
- 1-year experience in aviation maintenance or have held an AT or AE NEC.
- 2+ years of experience as a fiber op1c installer, maintenance technician, or
supervisor with responsibility for teaching fiber principles to others in a
journeyman level training environment.
- Must have at least one (1) year of experience as an instructor
- Be a “Hands-on” person who can multi-task, prioritize, and have excellent
use of the English language.
- Must be able to work unsupervised and be knowledgeable in fiber op1c
theory, testng and tool kits.
- Having a working knowledge of the ARINC and SAE standards, NAVAIR
01-1A-505-4, MIL-STD 2042, MIL-STD 2052, NEC, and EIA/TIA standards is a
- Must be able to travel and obtain a passport for foreign travel.
- Must be able to maintain a Secret security clearance and obtain a valid
Common Access Card (CAC).
- Prior military instructors experience and aviation or shipboard fiber op1c
field service experience is a plus.
Responsibilities of the Technical Trainer/Teacher/Instructor
• Maintain qualification to instruct NAVSEA Certified training in accordance with NAVSEA STD Item 009-123 and MIL STD 1678.
- Assist in developing strategies for the training department.
- Assist with the analysis, development and maintenance of training courses
in support of existing curricula.
- Prepare and deliver new training materials as course updates demand to remain current in the latest standards.
- Maintain all ETA exams and testing material.
- Evaluate and discover new training opportunities.
- Maintain ETA Administrator and ETA FAB, FOI and FOT certifications.
KITCO Fiber Optics is a full-service company supporting military and commercial organizations that utilize fiber op1c communications systems. We fabricate custom cable assemblies and provide custom-designed toolkits for the termination, testing, and troubleshooting of fiber op1c systems. KITCO is a unique company that employs trainers, installers, engineers, and kitting producers all in one company. We travel anywhere to install and train. We have two locations, headquarters is in Virginia Beach, VA and we have a branch in National City, CA.